Visa categoriesShort-term stay (up to 90 days)
- For tourism
- Visiting relatives, friends, or acquaintances in Japan
- Business (business talks, seminars, conferences, workshops, meeting business partners etc.)
Long-term stay / Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) for short- and long-term stay
Certificate of Eligibility (CoE)
- Working visa
- Student visa
Processing timeThe standard processing time is 5 working days (the processing time only starts when all documents are submitted and all requirements are met).
Please note that some visa applications require consultation with our headquarters in Tokyo and may take from several weeks to several months. Therefore, it is recommended that you make the application well before the scheduled date of depature.
|Single Entry||Multiple Entries||Transit (includes double entry visa)|
|Ordinary||23,00 Euro||46,00 Euro||5,00 Euro|
|Indian||6,00 Euro||6,00 Euro||1,00 Euro|
Please pay the visa fee at the time of collection in cash!
Important informationA visa itself does not guarantee landing permission. Landing permission will be granted by the immigration officer, if all the requirements (such as holding a valid visa etc.) are met.
Dear travelers to Japan: It is recommended to take out an overseas travel insurance
- An overseas travel insurance makes you feel secure, even in emergencies, and you can enjoy your trip.
- Medical expenses can be very high in Japan. If the travel insurance you purchased offers sufficient coverage of treatment costs, you can receive treatment without concern.
- It is recommended to have an overseas travel insurance with travel support for hospital referrals, medical interpretation, and cashless medical service.
If you have questions related to consular matters (e.g. family register (marriage, birth, divorce notification etc.) and nationality), please contact us.
Information for Japanese nationals
Japan Visa Information HotlineLanguage: English
Tel.: 08000008391 (24 hours, 365 days)
*This is an international toll free hotline. Only domestic call charge will be charged to the caller.