Required documents (tourism)

Length of stay up to 15, 30 and max. 90 days.
Please submit the following documents on A4 sized paper. DO NOT STAPLE OR BIND DOCUMENTS!   

1) Valid passport (original and a copy of the page containing personal details): your passport should be valid until you leave Japan and must have at least two un-used blank visa pages)
NOTE: If you are a holder of a refugee travel document (Reiseausweis) issued by the German government, please contact us in advance!

2) Residence permit for Germany and "Zusatzblatt" (supplementary sheet), if applicable (a copy of both sides): your residence permit should be valid until you re-enter Germany

3) One visa application form: please fill in the form with as much information as possible; provide contact details (tel., e-mail etc.) in Germany, tick all boxes for criminal records, sign and date it by the applicant (for minors who are unable to sign, a parent may sign on his/her behalf and write „signed by mother/signed by father“ in brackets behind)
NOTE: Applicants who are nationals of the Russian Federation or the Newly Independent States (NIS) need 2 application forms.  

4) One passport picture (taken within last 6 months): usual passport-size photograph would be sufficient  
NOTE: Applicants who are nationals of the Russian Federation or the Newly Independent States (NIS) need 2 passport pictures.  

5) Flight plan: purchase of flight tickets is not required. If you have already booked or paid your flights, please bring a booking/payment confirmation with you. If not, please bring a flight schedule (with dates and flight numbers).   

6) Itinerary in Japan (schedule plan, non-binding): please write down your detailed planned activity, the place and an accommodation in Japan (does not have to be booked). Itinerary in Japan (Example)

7) Financial documents: your recent bank statement (not older than 1 month with full name of applicant, date and final balance on it) or your latest salary certificate.   

If a guarantor in Germany pays for you:
- Informal letter of sponsorship (only original) signed and dated
- Proof of relationship between applicant and guarantor (e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificates etc.)
- Current bank statement of guarantor (full name, date and final balance on it)      

8) When applying for Families additionally: marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.
- In case of foreign documents, we additionally ask for a certified translation into German or English.

Please note that applicants may be requested to provide any other documents, if necessary.