Visa Application with Certificate of Eligibility (CoE)

Working visa and long-term stay visa must be applied with a so-called Certificate of Eligibility (CoE).
Attention: The CoE has a validity of 3 months from the date of issue. During this period, you must apply for a visa with the CoE and enter Japan with both.
Please submit the following documents on A4 sized paper.

Required documents:

1. Valid passport (original and a copy of the first page):
-your passport should have at least two un-used blank visa pages. 

2. One visa application form: please fill in the form with as much information as possible; provide contact details (tel., e-mail etc.) in Germany, tick all boxes for criminal records, sign and date it by the applicant (for minors who are unable to sign, a parent may sign on his/her behalf and write „signed by mother/signed by father“ in brackets behind).
NOTE: Applicants who are nationals of the Russian Federation or the Newly Independent States (NIS) need 2 application forms.  

3. One passport picture (taken within last 6 months): usual passport-size photograph would be sufficient 
NOTE: Applicants who are nationals of the Russian Federation or the Newly Independent States (NIS) need 2 passport pictures.  

4. Certificate of Eligibility from Japan (paper or digital)
(New from 17.03.2023) Paper version: If you received only a copy of the CoE, it is possible to apply with this copy.

(New from 17.03.2023) Digital version: If you received the electronic Certificate of Eligibility via email, please bring a printout of this email from the Immigration Services Agency of Japan with you.

5. Copy of your Residence permit for Germany and "Zusatzblatt" (supplementary sheet), if applicable.

6. Visa fee (applicable for some countries)
Please pay the visa fee at the time of collection in cash and exact amount!  


Visa application by post

Applicants may send the necessary documents by courier service. In any case, we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
Two or three days after having sent your application, please call us. 

We do NOT send back the passport and other documents. 
If the visa application was submitted by post, applicants need to come in person for collecting.